HIV Testing Services (HTS) training
CHAPS introduced a 7-day HTS training course, in alignment with the WHO’s 90-90-90 principles, to promote linkages and referrals for HIV management.
The course outline is as follows:
Days 1-3: HTS theory, which covers all aspects of HIV-related counselling and testing.
Days 4-7: HCT practical sessions with pricking.
- Day 1 Overview of HIV/AIDS disease process
- Overview of Counselling Process and effective communication skills
- Day 2 Legal and ethical issues including testing in children
- Day 3 Gender mainstreaming and sex and sexuality related to HIV
- Day 4 Pre-test counselling and the testing process
- Post-test counselling HIV+ results and Post-test counselling HIV- results
- Day 5 Pricking
- Record keeping and reporting
Workplace practical assessment
- Lerato Molobetsi
- Grace Nhalpo
- Sarah Jones
For more information on our training programmes, or for bookings for group or individual sessions please contact:
- Allison: email@example.com